Fourth of July is a day for food, friends, and fun, but watch out for stains. Your cookout menu may end up on your shirt. Use these tips to conquer the five most common Fourth of July stains.
If on Thursday, the stains persist, bring them into a Mulberrys Cleaners store or schedule a pickup and delivery. Our stain removal experts will use our eco-friendly cleaning solutions to remove those pesky stains.
1. Ketchup: Whether it’s on a cheeseburger or a hot dog, globs of ketchup can drip and leave an unflattering stain on your clothes. Remove as much as the stain as you can and blot with a cloth. Mix a small about of detergent and cold water together and blog until the stain begins to disappear.
2. Beer: While Beer is a light colored liquid, it can certainly do damage to your clothes. Apply a mixture of cold water and eco-friendly laundry detergent. Let sit for at least five minutes. Repeat until the stain disappears (and grab another beer while you wait!).
3. Red Wine: Cheers! A glass of red wine make any holiday more fun, but a spill on your shirt can quickly ruin your favorite outfit. Blot lightly, do not rub, with a damp cloth and sprinkle some salt on the stain. Wash in the washing machine.
4. Colored Cake Frosting: What’s a Fourth of July party without a red, white, and blue cake? Cake frosting includes food coloring, which can be difficult to get out of any piece of clothing. Scrape away as much as the stain as possible. Blot with cold water and eco-friendly laundry detergent. If possible, apply an instant stain remover. Wash the clothing item in the washer and bring it to your dry cleaner if the stain sets!
5. Cheeseburger: No cookout is complete without a giant, juicy cheeseburger. A cheeseburger is a combination stain, so you have to treat each ingredient separately. Cheeseburgers can include both plant-based and animal-based stains. Blot the spot with a cotton swab dipped in rubbing alcohol to break down the oils. Flush out the rubbing alcohol and pour on some vinegar to break down the plant-based elements. Dab hydrogen peroxide on the stain to remove the animal-based elements.
Enjoy your Fourth of July celebrations and don’t worry about the stains. We’ll take care of them!